Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

You have to decide....to decide.

I wouldn't describe myself as "wishywashy", but I would be the first one to admit that sometimes, I don't make a decision. Sometimes I don't let myself make a decision, because I know the right decision to make, but it's not the decision I WANT to make. Wow, that's really wordy.

Here's what I'm getting at. I decided to make a plan for some obstacles that I am going to be faced with as far as food and beverages go. I know, from past experience, if I don't make a plan, I let everything fall apart. I also know, from past experiences, that if I make a plan for myself (you know.....really say "This is what I am going to do."), then I do it!

If I go into a situation without a plan and undecided on how I will handle a situation, I let other people influence my actions, then I feel out of control, then I am frustrated with myself.

But if I go into a situation knowing exactly what I am going to do, then I feel in complete control of myself, and I am pleased with my actions. That feels better than any beer taste! No matter HOW cold it is.

(Wow....Blogging must be really good therapy, because I can't believe I just typed that, and truly meant it.)

At the big July 4th celebration, while so many others were enjoying their ice cold beers, I was completely fine with my ice cold water (it was really hot out, and the water really did satisfy!) I didn't have to teeter back and forth on deciding if to have a beer or not. I had decided ahead of time what I was going to do. It was so simple and so gratifying.

Tonight I met up with friends. I knew I would not drink. No interest at all in one beer. And we met at a BAR! I comfortably ordered water, then later coffee. The girls all had beers and all I could think about is that my feet weren't going to swell! We had great conversation, good laughs, and nobody cared if I had a beer, or coffee. It was a perfect "Girls Night"!

So, I think it was Tuesday I stepped on the scale at home to "check in". I was pleased with the results. Later in the day, I worried......what if the scale is just broken? Yesterday, right before I woke up, I had a dream that I lost even more! So when I got out of bed, I was afraid to get on the scale. I thought I should just go about my day feeling skinny, like in my dream. Now I just can't stop thinking about the stupid scale!

I want to be back at that happy 160 thing, not at the 170 thing. I had a really good relationship with 170's for a while, but now? Sometimes, you have to move on from things that you enjoy, but that are jus not good for you!

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 5
Snack = 5
Lunch = 3
Dinner = 11

Total = 24

Activity Points Earned Today = 6
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = -5
How many glasses of water I drank today = 15

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who doesn't (can't) drink socially and she always thought people cared whether she was drinking or not. They really don't. Most people are so worried about themselves they have no idea what others are doing. Good job, and I love the new picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Helen! Thanks for a great GNO!

    ReplyDelete