Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shoe Shopping!


Saturday was another full day!

It started off with 9:00 am Bootcamp! I am really liking this whole class thing. Class in the morning gets it done first thing, and a scheduled class in the evening allows me to do what I need to do during the day without feeling like I'm procrastinating about my exercise. I came home and made a nice size, but small PPV breakfast. I tried this new bread from Trader Joe's that was recommended in my WW meeting.



1 piece is 1 PPV. Highly recommended. Very dense and full of flavor!

Scrambled Egg Whites, Toast with Better N Peanut Butter, watermelon and coffee. 3 PPV.





After breakfast, Tess and I had another full day planned. Next thing on the list was taking the dogs to the groomer. They LOVED their car ride. It was hilarious! This doesn't look safe, I know. But we weren't going fast and there was no traffic around. Tucker really wanted to drive, but I told him mommy just HAD to draw the line somewhere! They were just so stinking HAPPY!




Then we headed out on a ridiculous shoe hunt for me to find shoes to go with a dress I have. I have a very important Wedding to attend in a couple of weeks....(details on that in a later blog)...and I love my dress, but can not find shoes to save my life! First of all, my feet swell super easy, and high heels don't help matters. I really want to look nice, and I want my shoes to look great with my dress!

I HAVE BEEN EVERYWHERE!

Here is the first pair that I bought. $50. And I KNOW I can't wear them all day and night. An hour....TOPS! Then my feet will SWELL!





While looking online later......I found these! Jimmy Choo's. NOT $50!




So Tess and I hit Oak Park Mall to go in every single shoe store until we succeeded. We found NOTHING!

Then we went to Nordstrom Rack...nothing.

We hit Off Broadway......nothing.

We even tried Payless, TJMaxx, Macy's and JCPenney's! Nothing.

Lunch was next on the agenda. All that shopping with no success, made me HUNGRY! So we stopped at Ingredient. I love this place and don't go there near enough. I created a Greek Salad with Grilled Salmon. It was superb!





Then we went to pick up the dogs and head home. They're all dressed up for July 4th!



Tess convinced me to give DSW another shot. So I did. We found another pair that is super cute, but still to high for me......I think. We bought them.

Then we found these. They look a little less "cool", I know. But I think I can actually walk in them, the color is perfect, they were on clearance, and the heel is "JUST MY SIZE"! Possibly, my feet won't swell, and I may not look quite so hideous! They are a TOTAL MOM shoe! I am keeping all of them for now, and making my decision on Wedding Day. (I'm totally wearing the mom shoe.)




As soon as we got home, it was time to get ready for a Couples Shower for the Bride and Groom! We all had a great night!

The menu was Caesar Salad, Homemade Lasagna (a total favorite food of mine), and garlic bread. It was really perfect because the host didn't do appetizers or anything to start, so there was no temptation to graze. Dinner was served, then we watched the bride and groom open gifts, then cupcakes were offered...I passed....and that was the end of the food! Perfect!

Unfortunately, the very nice gentleman pouring the wine, followed me all night long and kept my glass full. :) Did I mention he was very nice?

I don't really think I ate as many points as I am going to log, but I want to be safe just in case. I have to be careful for Monday and Tuesday because July 4th is Wednesday, and we have a party to go to. I know I'll have beer. :)

Here's how I think the day went.........

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 3
Lunch = 12
Dinner = 26
Wine = 18
Total = 59

Activity Points Earned Today = 4
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 10
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12


"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment