Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

Ok, really probably just lazy. But for some reason that song got stuck in my head and it wouldn't go away. It was an awesome Sunday doing a whole lotta nothin.

Crockpot Oatmeal DOES heat up just fine! I was glad I had it for my Sunday morning breakfast.......







I made a trip to Trader Joes on Saturday and picked up a few items I hadn't tried. I had heard of Cookie Butter, but really didn't know what it was. I'm still not sure I know what it is, but I do know it could be dangerous, and a little goes a long way! In WW world, 1 T. is 2 PPV. I really wanted to try it on my oatmeal, so I only added 1/2 T. and some strawberries. It was like Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal! I loved it!







Creamy and Sweet!







I am loving my new frother too! My mom came over for coffee, so I had to show it off. I thought it tasted AWESOME! She said it was fine.







I'm going for low point options throughout the day. Pizza is on the menu for dinner and I know I want more than one piece, so planning is key.

After church we came home, put on cozy clothes, and literally vegged out all afternoon.

Lunch.......low fat cottage cheese topped with tomatoes....cantaloupe and strawberries.







I overheard two ladies at Trader Joes talking about the art of picking out a good, ripe cantaloupe. So I jumped right in and asked one of them to PLEASE pick one out for me. They totally hit the jackpot!






I couldn't stop thinking about my Cookie Butter. (I'm going to have to put that on the top shelf, in the back.) I decided to make Apple Sandwiches.


I originally saw this on Pinterset a while back, then I found it again recently on
Peanut Butter Fingers.

So I sliced up an apple. Don't you love the star in the middle? I didn't want to waste any, so I nibbled on the top....







Then I wasn't sure of the easiest way to get the core out, since I don't have the proper tools. I tried a beer cap. My slices were too thick! But you know you thought it was a clever idea! Then I found my tiny saw for Pumpkin carving. Perfect!







I filled up the Tablespoon, as FULL as I could get it!







I didn't see any reason to add anything else....So I licked the spoon, which was really difficult due to the shape of the spoon, but I was certain to get every single little taste of this 2 PPV of Cookie Butter!







See the cute little knife in the above picture? Yeah, that died in the garbage disposal later. Ooops.

It made a perfect 2 PPV Sunday afternoon snack! Probably would taste good any day of the week, any time of the day. :)







Dinner was a favorite Pizza. I call it my Thai Chicken Pizza. I am guessing most people would call it that?

Wheat Crust
Peanut Sauce
Rotisserie Chicken
Green Onions
Shredded Carrots
Lite Mozzarella Cheese







I really like this Lite Mozzarella I bought at Trader Joes. 1 oz is 1 PPV.
I used 4 oz on the whole pizza, and it was plenty!







Ten minutes later.......







I served up two and half slices for myself along with an awesome spinach salad. It included the main ingredient.....Spinach, along with a few Walnuts, a bit of Reduced Fat Feta, Olive Oil, Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar and a Dash of Cracked Black Pepper.

1/6 of this pizza was 7 PPV.








Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 5
Lunch = 3
Snack = 2
Dinner = 20

Total = 30

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 45
How many glasses of water I drank today = 9








"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! That cookie butter sounds really good!! I love TJ's peanut butter with flax seed in it. I am out of it right now:( Need to make a trip..I dont know if I will but cookie butter or not...sounds like something I would love too much!!

    ReplyDelete