Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Banana Nana fofana....fee fi fofanan....

"She's bananas!"........I totally am.

I should probably cut back a bit. One in the morning has become a bit of a habit! I know, I know. I did NOT get fat eating bananas, but I did get fat eating mindlessly, which is sometimes how that banana gets to my mouth first thing in the morning when I walk into the kitchen (and other times throughout the day).

Just LOOK at it! It's the PERFECT banana! Just a few little spots. Carefully sitting on the countertop. No rough housing. No big bruises. Ahhhhhh, I CAN'T NOT eat it!




It's perfect inside too!



So I made a weekend favorite. A Banana Pancake......

I totally forgot to spray my pan with cooking spray, so I scraped
my batter off, cleaned and dried the pan, sprayed it, and started all over. It didn't flip too well, and took on the look of HASHBROWNS!





But you know what it tasted like?
BANANA PANCAKES!!




I used the real deal here, and I usually use Better n Peanut Butter, but I was craving Maple Syrup and powdered sugar!
2 Tablespoons = 3 PPV



The Powdered sugar sprinkled was less than 1 PPV, but I still called it 1 PPV.





Breakfast was Bananalicious!!
9 PPV
(salad with lots of zero point veggies for lunch!)





Have you seen these? I found them at Trader Joe's.





They are..........interesting? I guess they are 0 PPV? I would call it.....Banana Jerky. It tears apart like jerky. It kinda FEELS like jerky?




It's chewy like a raisin?? No doubt, it's weird, but I think I kinda like it.




After awarding myself a Gold Medal for running (nonstop) 2.0 miles on the treadmill.......Followed by Best-Body-Bootcamp........



.....I fixed myself lunch fit for a Gold Medalist!




The subject at Fridays WW meeting was "Build a Better Salad". Several members talked about how much they enjoy fruit in their salad. I don't do that much, but decided since the only thing I had on hand was spinach and strawberries, I'd fix it for lunch. I topped it with walnuts and Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinaigrette and a little lite mozzarella.
Salad = 2 PPV

I sliced up some cucumber = 0 PPV

I used the last of my zucchini from my zucchini fries the other night. I actually like them prepared this way better, and it is soooo easy. Heat a grill pan, spray with Olive Oil cooking spray, (or olive oil) cook, top with 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan. So easy, so good, and only 1 PPV




Okay....lots of pictures ahead, but I couldn't decide which ones to leave out! They all seem important!

I bought this crust mix at Tasteful Olive, for you locals. You just add salt, sugar and warm water!




Set on the counter for 15 minutes.....




Add Olive Oil, spread on Pizza pan



I am totally digging all the chicken meatballs and sausages I am finding. The sodium amounts are not ridiculous and they all taste so good! This one is Spinach with Mozzarella.




So I sliced em up and made a Spinach Crust, Spinach with Mozzarella, chicken sausage Pizza!




This is 3 sausages......




My Trader Joe's Lite Mozzarella cheese...yip....more mozzarella!



Yum!



New salad dressing from Trader Joe's......loved it!




A few veggies and some kidney beans......




One slice was only 6 PPV. I ate TWO!



We don't often have dessert, but tonight?

B A N A N A ' S ! ! !

Banana Ice Cream....kinda....

Frozen Bananas, Frozen Strawberries and Coconut Milk!

I did 3 banana's (in chunks), about 6 strawberries, and maybe 1/2 C. Of coconut milk. It's one of those things you just have to play with, and you can't really mess up.....




Toss it all in the blender.....tada! Ice Cream!



Serves two.
Barely 1 PPV.


Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 9
Lunch = 3
Dinner = 14
Ice Cream = 1

Total = 27

Activity Points Earned Today = 8
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 31
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12


"love the life you live, live the life you love"

3 comments:

  1. I tell you, I will drive myself to the grocery store just to buy bananas!! They are perfect! Breakfast, smoothies, in yogurt, with peanut butter, car trips, etc! Love them! btw, yesterday I had a snack of greek vanilla yogurt with chopped up banana and a few raspberries..I took your advice and sprinkled on some cinnamon..it was SO good!! You really should sign up for the 5k!! I am very proud of my half but going from over 200 lbs to running that first 5k was probably my top proud of myself moment!! I will never forget that 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the cinnamon idea! It's an easy idea to take to a party with a fruit tray too. People are like, hmmmmmm, what's this? :)
    I have on my " to do" list for today
    1. Sign up for 5K
    2. Laundry
    3. Exercise
    Have a great day Libby!

    ReplyDelete