Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gollygeewillakers.....I have GOT to look this sh*t UP first!

I had a nice, quiet, Saturday morning at home with my dogs. My mom and I had planned to make a trip to Trader Joe's later in the day, do a little shopping and have lunch.

Soon after getting up I had a banana, just to get a little something in my tummy. Before I left to pick up my mom, I packed a little snack. Veggies, string cheese, pretzels, an apple and some water. It is CRAZY hot out there!




We went to Trader Joe's where I decided to pick up some Luna bars, banana's for 19 cents a piece, maple syrup and Coconut Milk. I have not bought it before, but thought I should give it a try.

Then we went to TJMaxx and I bought a pair of shorts. Yip, that's right. Size 10. :)

Then we were starving and went to First Watch for lunch, but we both love breakfast food, so we opted for the breakfast menu. I always have the same thing. Healthy turkey egg white omelet with feta and spinach, multi grain toast and salsa on the side.

Today I stepped outside the box and ordered egg whites (that's still in the box, isn't it?), a fruit cup (the outside the box part is coming.....and its a doozie) and the multi grain carrot cake pancake! Heck yeah! I knew I would only eat half of the pancake and assumed that half of the pancake would be around 10 PPV, butter and syrup included.

Well that's exactly where the "Gollygeewillakers" comes into play. The pancake alone was 20 PPV! Along with the carrots (I was totally thinking veggies here), it had raisins in it and a hint of brown sugar on top. Oh my goodness it was so flipping ( get it? Flipping? It's a pancake?) delicious! I did cut it in half, and my mom had a few bites, but I still had a tablespoon of real butter (3 PPV) on it and a tablespoon of syrup. It actually was very moist and I could have eaten it with nothing else added!

I googled the nutritional information AFTER I ate it. Why do I do that?




This leaves me with only 7 PPV for dinner. Good thing we are staying in and I am stocked with fruits and veggies!!

Here is the Luna bar I tried today. It was 5 PPV.

Chocolate Dipped Coconut. Think.....um.....macaroon? No. Maybe Almond Joy.....but no almond? So I guess that means a Mounds Bar? It doesn't matter. It's chocolate and coconut with 9 grams of protein. What's not to love?



I had to try it right away, so I cut it into five pieces, just for a 1 PPV snack, then I decided to just have half of that. So I cut those in half. Then it was good. So I ate a half of a half and then the other half of that first half. You with me? 1 PPV.



Dinner....in.

Chicken salad Pita....beets......veggies.
7 PPV




Dessert......0 PPV.




It satisfied my sweet tooth!




Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 0
Snack = 3
Lunch = 15
Snack = 1
Dinner = 7

Total = 26

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 0
How many glasses of water I drank today = 8





"love the life you live, live the life you love"

4 comments:

  1. Yum!! A multi-grain carrot cake pancake sounds so healthy..who would think it would be so high in points. Wonder if you could make a healthy version. Love how you eat your Luna Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a pancake. I should give it a try. Do you eat the Luna Bars? If so, what flavors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only had the lemon Luna. That chocolate and coconut looks really good. I eat alot of Cliff-Z bars. Cliff bars for kids..I buy the chocolate brownie, they only have 3 grams of protein but I really enjoy them after a run or for a 3pt snack. How do you make your chicken salad? It looks really good! I make egg salad wraps for lunch.

      Delete
    2. I LOVE the Lemon one. I typically make my chicken salad with rotisserie chicken and red grapes and celery and just enough light mayo to make it moist. The red grapes weren't so great, so I used green ones this time. Still good!

      Delete