Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ok...I am now a "RUNNER!"

Well, kinda. Not really, but maybe? I hopped on the treadmill in the morning thinking there was no reason I couldn't run a mile two days in a row. I mean, it's a mile Julie, not a marathon, or a half marathon, or a half of a half of a marathon. For Pete's sake, it's not even a 5K! It's a mile. But I really was dragging in my few minutes of warm up at 3 MPH.....

Then....I remembered from a post earlier in the week, that I had to decide to decide, so after walking a mile, I decided to run a mile, and I did.........




.....then I walked another Mile! Hey, I did a 5K! In a walk/run/walk kinda way.

Breakfast was Hungry Girl's Growing Bowl of Oatmeal. It's super filling! The whole recipe was more than I wanted, so I split it in half.




Lunch was simple, but I totally have this weird ice cream craving (No, I am not with child.) lately and the WW Smoothie hits the spot!




Strawberry Shake? Yes, please.




And a Peanut Butter Sandwich too!




These have been on the menu a lot lately. I have been too busy to do much cooking, and these satisfy and couldn't be much easier. I did make them in a grill pan though for a little crispness.




Some Ore Ida's and a Sara Lee bun and I am good to go! I spread a wedge of Laughing Cow Queso on the bun, added a sliced onion, and loved the combo with the Spicy Black Bean Burger!




Did I mention I have an Ice Cream Craving lately?





Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 4
Lunch = 4
Dinner = 11
Snacks = 7

Total = 26

Activity Points Earned Today = 5
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 0
How many glasses of water I drank today = 10

love the life you live, live the life you love"

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Your food always looks so good! Yay for running! I love running (kinda love/hate it) but I still enjoy a good walk too. I have got my long runs up to 6 miles but let me tell you..that first mile ALWAYS makes me want to cry, puke and fall down in the middle of the road curl up in a ball and suck my thumb!! UGH!! If I can make myself get through that first sucky mile then I am fine! Running is really a mind game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You run 6 miles? HC! (holy cow) I have heard that first mile can be the toughest. Next time I will go for 1.25! Love your comments! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess in all honesty I should point out that I look like a mess running! In my mind I look like a graceful gazelle but in reality I look like Otis from "The Andy Griffith Show" weaving, burping and plodding along!! Really, I started out walking. I wanted to walk a 5k. Once I could do that without crying I decided to try and run for a couple of minutes at a time then walk then run,etc. When I could run 3 miles I worked up to 3 1/2 and so on.

      Delete
    2. Funny you said Gazelle.....that's what I think I look like when I dream I am running! Almost like floating!

      Delete