Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What Do YOU Think About When You Exercise?

I ran on the treadmill for a mere 20 minutes on Sunday. I really was crunched for time, but wanted to get at least a little cardio in before Father's Day got started. I had things to do, places to go, and people to see! I don't like to run, and I really should refer to Sunday's cardio as more of a jog, but getting my heart rate up was the goal, and I achieved that. I get a little panicky when I run, and I believe it has to do with childhood memories of running in gym class, then unexpectedly having asthma attacks with no inhaler available. I have learned to try to take my mind off of the breathing and running and focus on my body and my muscles, and what the cardio is doing for my heart and overall health. Sometimes I count weird things. Like how many steps do I run in a minute, or how many steps does it take to run a certain distance? Sometimes I can really zone into the music that is playing and up my pace. Sunday I tried different strides. I know that sounds weird, but I'm weird, so really it makes perfect sense. I wanted to be the person that looks like they almost float when they run. It hurts me when I see that person running that almost looks choppy? Soon, my arms were close to my chest and I was making a fist. I imagined myself as Rocky in training. Before I knew it, I was throwing jabs and felt the need to jump up and down with my fist in the air, but on a moving treadmill, I had the wisdom to think that through. Then all I could think about was, I hope Mike doesn't walk by and witness my "Rocky" face. I'm not sure which character I'll be portraying today on the treadmill, but I'll keep you posted! It certainly made the time fly!

I started yesterday off with a 7:00 am trip in for an oil change, trying to be the first customer in line! Tess had come in town for Father's Day, so she stuck around an extra morning and assisted me in my errands. We hit the Starbucks for breakfast while waiting on the car, and I enjoyed another "Perfect Oatmeal" made with steamed skim milk. I didn't take my favorite toy, my IPad, so this is last weeks picture of my new favorite breakfast out......





Then I was off to work for a few hours while my exhausted college student napped on the couch with the dogs. :)

By the time I got home, it was meal time again. The fridge was pretty stocked, so I started pulling things out for a nice filling lunch......Grilled zucchini, cherries, grilled chicken...feta...tomatoes....topped with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.





So my body is super duper sore from Saturday's Bootcamp, and going again is going to KILL ME! A nap and some Advil were prescribed for the afternoon. (I'm not a nap person. Makes me cranky. But it was just what I needed.) Then off to Bootcamp. I swear every time I walk out the door after an hour of class, I think it was the hardest class yet. Yesterday was no exception. All I could think about was dinner, Advil, shower...and bed.

Tess stuck around for dinner too! FREE FOOD! I had her order take out and have it there when I got home. Perfect timing. Mike had his usual salad, and I convinced Tess to try my new favorite, the Hawaiian Skewers. She ordered them with steak, I had Chicken. She eats ridiculously slow (like beyond healthy slow eating, it's annoying slow eating). But today is was convenient, because I totally forgot to take a picture of my food, so I got a pic of hers, with the steak, of course.








We all had a great chat over dinner, and back to Pittsburg she went. :(

Mike made me watch the Bachelorette with him, then I got my much needed shower and sleep......Thank GOODNESS Ryan is gone!

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 8 (I added a few almonds to my oatmeal today)
Lunch = 11 (I had a few bites of leftover lasagna and called it 3 PPV)
Snack = 3 (1/2 biscuit and honey..left over from Father's Day)
Dinner = 7

Total = 29

Activity Points Earned Today = 4
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 45
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

2 comments:

  1. Really excited to see that you ran! I always do that Rocky stuff on the treadmill. Hey - you have to have something to entertain you! Treadmills can be boring! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Racheal! I think today I might do a dance/walk with Ellen in mind! :)

      Delete