Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Salt is my "Frienemy"


"Frenemy" (alternately spelled "frienemy") is a portmanteau of "friend" and "enemy" that can refer to either an enemy disguised as a friend or someone who's both a friend and a rival.

(OR IN MY CASE......SALT!)

I love salt, but I hate what it does to my body! Friday I took part in enjoying beer and Pizza. I may have over indulged a bit, but made great choices on Saturday and consumed ounces and ounces, and then some more ounces.......of water to fix what I had possibly broken. I then spent a better part of the day in the ladies room. At the end of the day I noticed my hands and feet were still a little swollen, but I felt I did the necessary things to regroup from Friday.

Sunday was a full day of fun!

The morning started off with all good intentions. I was out the door at 7:30 am for a good one hour power walk, then I came home and ate this.......



Egg White Scramble with cheese and a bowl of blueberries......

I then made this salad..........




........at the grocery store to eat before we headed out to Arrowhead for the next 12 hours to hang with friends and jam to Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. Well, the morning got away from my daughter and I and we simply ran out of time and headed out the door without eating that beautiful salad! Huge mistake on my part! I did take a large tray of fruit to share with the gang.....




But I also took that large tray of meat and cheese beside it, and those trisciut crackers behind it! And a cooler full of BEER that I managed to put a pretty good dent in, which gave me the courage to take THIS picture of random stranger! Egads! Ouch!




It was a great day of photos and fun! This is Steph and her sis, Maggie! They let us tag along in the family RV!




Here is my date.....I love a good date with my daughter!



Here's a few of the girls!










Trying to show our muscles!


In the end, I really had a great time, but completely regret the food and drink choices I made. I would have had just as much fun snacking on veggies all day, and drinking half the beer. I even drank a bottle of water in between each beer. Thank goodness the RV had a potty!




I felt puffy all day on Monday and super tired. It is amazing to me the energy I have had with all the smart choices, and what an incredible difference a few bad choices can make. I can't believe how close I came to actually NOT going to Bootcamp Monday night! But I did go, and I "upped" my weights again! :) I may have messed up my six week in a row weight loss. :(

I'm not sure where I'm at on points for the week, so I wont give my usual total at the end. I know I'm over, but not sure by how much? All I can do is make great food choices, and earn lots of activity points, and keep my positive attitude and charming personality! Ok, so maybe that last part is debatable.

Yesterday's eats.....

Kashi and skim milk....3 PPV




Lunch...the salad that got left behind.....6 PPV




Dinner....to tired to cook, so a breakfast scramble did the trick....13 PPV




Here's to keeping it real!


"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment