Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Accidentally Delicious!

I'll just start with the accident. I was craving salmon. Mike is golfing tonight, so dinner is on my own. Mike isn't really a salmon fan, so I knew the menu was easy. Grilled salmon, in a little olive oil, and fresh sautéed green beans.

I made the green beans, they turned out great! But my salmon wasn't cooking through at all. I love salmon, but only like a little or no pink, but not over cooked! That's not good either. Usually I get it just right. Well, each time I checked it, a piece would break off a bit! Then more broke off, then more. I ended up with a skillet full of pan fried salmon, and IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! I am going to give a good hearty guess on the points for the olive oil. I didn't measure it, and I know I had more than the 2 PPV I was going to count it as. Thank goodness I didn't get any lunch in today. I had lots of points left! :)

I started off the day rolling out of bed at 5:30 am to prepare for the 6:30 am weight class. Who IS this person invading my body? I had coffee on the deck, took the dogs on a short walk, and off I went. Class was awesome! I am so glad I had the opportunity to sign up for this. It's really gonna kick my ass, but I think I like it!

Then home for breakfast.......Greek yogurt with Kashi cereal. Lots of protein after all that weight lifting!




Then more coffee.......I stalked up yesterday! Today's choice? Donut House Cinnamon Roll......so good!




Then out and about for the day.....some work, some errands. I ate breakfast early, so before leaving the house, I had a little low fat cottage cheese. More protein! After I had been gone for a few hours, I stopped at a grocery store salad bar for a small bowl of fresh fruit. Lunch wasn't going to happen, and if it was, it was going to be really LATE. While at Hy-Vee, I discovered these.......




This is the same company that makes the Peanut Butter powder I like to add to my smoothies! You can buy the peanut butter powder in chocolate too!



The little bag of cookies were great with my fruit, and only 3 PPV.

When I got home, I had lots of kitchen prep to do! Eating healthy is SUPER time consuming! I wonder how many calories I burned off working in the kitchen today? I cleaned a ton of strawberries, snipped the end of the beans, washed the grapes, then cut off little groups of grapes to make it easier to grab and go. I ended up freezing half of the strawberries for smoothies. They were on sale, and I couldn't pass them up!





Grapes, clean and snipped for easy snacking.....




For my beans, I sautéed some fresh garlic and onions in some butter flavored olive oil, then added my beans that I boiled for about 4 minutes. Sauteed a little longer. Then I added last night leftover potatoes and onions. There were just a few left. I made Mike potatoes and onions to go with his tilapia last night (I ate an experimental sweet potato).

I'm giving these few bites of potatoes 1 PPV.





Here's my accidental salmon..........fine so far.




The flip went fine.......



Uh.....oops.




I did weight it out. 7 PPV. I'm calling the Olive oil 5 PPV.




It's an accident I'd totally repeat! Assuming I have that many points left. Next time, Olive oil cooking spray. I make it that way too, and it's equally tasty and crispy!




Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 6
Snack = 2
Lunch = 3 (fruit and cookies)
Dinner = 13

Total = 24

Activity Points Earned Today = 4
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 17
How many glasses of water I drank today = 11

The scale was very nice to me this morning! I hope we don't get into an argument before Fridays weigh in!


"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment