Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Relax.....busy.....busy....busy......relax.

A relaxing morning in the kitchen with Neil Diamond on my Pandora (I have NO idea why), while trying out a new 1 PPV Cookie recipe. While the cookies were in the oven, I made myself a nice cafe au lait, (lots of practice steaming milk lately)...........And snacked on a small amount of Kashi cereal, dry.




........and played on the computer downloading some pictures I took last night. After a few silly facebook post, it was time to get to work. Laundry, house cleaning and quite a bit of time doing yard work. Why does that NEVER end? My next door neighbor likes to make sure and put all of the branches that blow out of my tree, in a nice, neat pile beside my house before he mows. I think its a very friendly way to say...."Here you go! These fell out of your tree, so I picked them up out of my yard for you and returned them to YOUR yard!" It really does make perfect sense. I don't know why it bothers me. They shouldn't be his problem. I shouldn't expect him to have to pick up my branches and put them in HIS trash, right? Well, I used to pick up the branches out of my yard that came from my OTHER neighbors tree, and put them with my yard waste, but now? I have decided to pick them up and put them in a nice, neat pile beside her house. I'm "PAYING IT FORWARD". So, the yard work seemed to take forever today! I am using it as my activity points. I don't want to waste them!

So here's the cookie recipe. I found it on Pinterest. It reminds me a bit of a no bake cookie, but you bake it, so not really. Huh? I know.


Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mash bananas in a large bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients. Let batter stand for approximately 20 minutes, then drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.






I guess it just LOOKS like a no bake cookie?




Its one of those things I keep eating, and trying to decide if I like it or not. Mike said he liked it. I ate 7 of them today. I guess I had a whole meal in a bunch of cookies! To me, it taste more like bread than a cookie. Not sweet enough to be a cookie, and soft enough to be bread? Weird, but like I said, I just keep eating them!

So I needed to be careful with lunch. I was prepared.......

This entire plate of food was so incredibly filling and tasty and satisfying! Only 4 PPV! Cucumbers, carrots, red bell peppers, two wedges of Queso Laughing Cow Cheese, 3/4 C of cottage cheese and two fresh peaches!


The peaches tasted like candy!

After eating all that, I started the lawn work. When I was done, I SAMPLED another cookie! (I ate it!)

Then I had a WW Mini Fudge Bar.

Then I had another cookie! Damn! Do I like them?

Finally I jumped in the shower. Then I decided to chill on the deck and start my new book. The Iron House, by John Hart. I asked a pear and a fresca to join me! They did!




Around dinner time, I decided take out was best. Mike wasn't feeling so great, crazy headache, so simple and quick. I went to a favorite neighborhood spot and grabbed Mike his San Diego Chicken Salad, and my new favorite for me, Hawaiian Skewers. Then I snatched a slice of avocado from Mikes salad!




We chilled on the deck with Dinner To Go, and he started to feel better. Yay!

Then we headed over to our sons new apartment. Actually, not his yet. He is getting married next month and his fiancé moved into their new apartment today! It's super cute! No pics though. :(


The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 2
Snack = (cookies) 5
Lunch = 4
Snack = (more cookies) 3
Dinner = 12

Total = 26

Activity Points Earned Today = 3
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 23
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment