Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mrs. "Robin"son's Baby?

I saw the saddest, little, mangled bird sitting on my BBQ. He looked like he had been attacked! No feathers to speak of. He looked scared and lost. While I was watering the flowers on the deck, it was just looking at me. I was a little concerned he might be scared from his apparent attack and fly at my head or something trying to defend himself from anything that frightened him. So I kept my eye on the little guy, feeling bad for him and afraid of him all at the same time. I came inside and watched out the window, waiting for his attacker to return. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but something! That's for sure. Then the attacker appeared......he sat beside him on the BBQ. He hopped along the handle of the BBQ, closer, and closer, and closer, until all of a sudden the victim opened its mouth wide and the attacker put something in it! It was the baby that belonged to the mommy Robin I had been keeping an eye on! How is it I can be soooo stupid sometimes? Then I watched in delight as they made a feeble flight down to the grass for breakfast. Don't you love a Happy Ending?




I woke up starving again, but waited on the coffee so I didn't make yesterday's mistake and get all buzzed on caffeine and eat the pantry and the fridge! I had a nice, warm bowl of oatmeal topped with an apple. I like to chop up an apple, sprinkle it with cinnamon, and put it in the microwave for two minutes. Then I stir it in with my oatmeal. I highly recommend it. Unless of course, you don't like apples......or oatmeal. Then I highly recommend something completely different.


Went to the dentist for a cleaning today! I think I need some white strips. I wish that could be an at home, inexpensive, tasty, pleasant, 10 minute process. Don't you?

I stopped for gas and a snack. I went to my High School QT. that thing has been there for YEARS!! My snack at QT always used to be a diet coke and peanut M&M's. Here is my new "go to". I love that they offer fruit now! The Sugar Free White Peach Tea is pretty tasty too! And the bathrooms are almost always clean! BONUS!





Lunch was a Salad Bar salad from HyVee, with no pics. Forgot. My bad.

Afternoon snack.......




Dinner was easy, low points, and I would say "Kid Friendly" too!

Italian Chicken Tenders

I think I found this recipe on the back of the Parmesan package a long, long time ago.

1 lb chicken tenders
1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Combine the dressing, cheese and powder in a shallow dish.



Rinse the chicken and dip into the mixture, coating both sides.



Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.



It taste great as is, or on a Caesar salad, which is how we ate it tonight. It's also delicious with red or white sauce served with pasta. Makes a great leftover lunch too!



For the Points? I weigh my chicken to determine how many ounces it is. The chicken is 1 PPV per ounce. I add 1 PPV for the coating.

Usually when we eat salad, I put all of it, including the dressing, in a big bowl, give it all a good stir, then chop it all up. The dressing really seems to go a lot further. Just a thought.




This is the Caesar I like, and it is FIVE PPV for 2 Tablespoons. I used 3 T. for us combined, and it was plenty.



I tried this tonight on some sautéed zucchini. Not a fan. Too rich. Maybe I tried it on the wrong thing. I only used about 2 Tablespoons. Just wasn't for me.


After dinner, the dogs and I headed out for a good walk........that turned into a 45 minute stroll and lots of sniffing. It was good to be up and active and in the great outdoors, but I don't think that earned me any activity points.

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 4
Snack = 0
Lunch = 8
Snack = 3
Snack = 1 (almonds)
Dinner = 8

Total = 24

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 37
How many glasses of water I drank today = 11


I like this quote. My "miracle" weighs 150 pounds.



"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment