Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sometimes.....you just have to ask.

We went out with some friends to dinner last night, then to a new Country bar for a couple of beers and some people watching and maybe a little line dancing....

Before dinner, I tried one of these at home. Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita? The only nutritional info I can find is calories and carbs, so I am guessing on the points. I called it 6? It was pretty damn good!




We went to Gordon Biersch for dinner. The have lots of outside seating, and nice selection of their own beers, and the weather was perfect for dinner on a patio.

I settled in and ordered a beer, then read the entire menu! We ALL did. They have a lot of selections and we were ALL starving! I finally decided on the Lobster and Shrimp Taco's. I know, right? I learned that all of their tacos are served in a hard shell, set inside of a soft shell. I love these taco stand thingymajigs.....I really wanted to take mine home, but my purse was to small. Maybe next time?


The filling was really good. It was served with black beans and white rice, which did taste good, but I really was just interested in my cold beer and lobster and shrimp taco's. I ate slow and savored it. I decided half way through the second taco, and half way through my second beer, that I was full, and could comfortably leave some food on my plate. I drank all the beer. I'm not stupid.



While having my coffee this morning and journaling my dinner and beers from last night, I Googled the restaurant and their nutritional information. I found the ENTIRE menu and all the info I needed! I was very impressed. Now I can look it over in advance and know exactly what I will be eating before I get there. I know that nutritional info has become much more easily accessible and I love that.

Sometimes......you just have to ask. :)

Here's the rest of the day....

I got up early enough to get some breakfast in before Bootcamp.

Egg whites topped with Salsa, fruit and a Vita Muffin. (It's a muffin top! Giggle giggle giggle). These are so good and packed with vitamins. Dr. Oz even recommends them! I had a chocolate one topped with a tablespoon of Better N Peanut Butter! Big Breakfast!




Here are the Vita Muffins.....HyVee has them, and I think Whole Foods? They come in several different favors, but the chocolate is my favorite!



Then off to a brutal Bootcamp and major leg workout! I hate lunges, but maybe they are just what these thighs need!

After Bootcamp, I walked the dogs forever, then mowed the lawn. I was beat when it was all over, but I had lots on Saturdays agenda, so I just kept going.....

Throughout the afternoon, I snacked. I never did sit down to eat an actual lunch. Pretzels and cheese wedge.......





More fruit.......




And later.....more fruit.....these peaches were incredible juicy and sweet!



And some unpictured baked chips topped with reduced fat shredded cheddar, and microwaved for a few seconds. It hit the spot for a junk food craving.

Then I did some housework. While cleaning the bathtub, it crossed my mind that I had not taken advantage of it in a while. So I stopped my cleaning, grabbed a small glass of wine, (yes, I measured 4 oz) and got in the tub.....




You see this picture on the beach all the time....why not in the tub??? :)


Mike didn't seem to think taking a picture with my valued IPad in the tub was a real smart idea, (while holding my wine in the other hand). He's so silly.




That was a perfect way to wrap up my afternoon and get ready for my evening out!

I certainly enjoyed my extra points allowance these last two days. I plan on a loss at the scale next Friday, but I really need to make good choices this week and include lots of fruits and veggies in order for me to do that. No more cocktails this week!

I do have a couple of events this week that I would typically drink two or three beers at. Water for me at those this week. I'm sure I'll have a story about it.

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 6
Snacks = 9
Dinner and drinks = 41

Total = 56

Activity Points Earned Today = 11?
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 0
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12





"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment