Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Boot Camp Anyone?


Boot camp began yesterday! Myself and four friends, (ah, the comfort in numbers), joined an 8 week, Summer Slim-down Challenge. I was super nervous. I never know just what to expect in a class situation, and many times I have done classes, I feel like I'm the least experienced, or possibly the class member in the worst shape of any of the other class members. These pictures were on a friends facebook page, so I had a visual of what to expect........
This is my friend Ellen. She has been doing the class for a while now and is getting some Killer Arms! She's my idol.



This all came about fairly quickly, but I have been exercising pretty regularly and felt like the class would be a good little boost for my weight loss, and I do love a variety. I also like the idea of having a group of friends to go with. Many times in my weight loss adventures through my life, I have been in "food cautious mode", or "exercise mode", but I can't think of a time where I was really focused on both at the same time, and focused so much on my complete health, mind and body. I feel better, mentally and physically, than I have in a really long time. I don't think it's so much about the number on the scale (it certainly helps), but the decision I made almost three years ago to be healthier, live healthier, make healthier decisions, be aware of how I am feeling, and educating myself on the best things to eat. The class went really well. We go to the weights class three times a week, do cardio on our own three times a week, (we were given guidelines on finding our middle and high intensity heart rate, and a schedule of what to do, and how long to do it), and then there is a "diet". You are supposed to eat a certain amount of protein on certain days, then a certain amount of carbs on certain days, then one day, no carbs, and so on. I wasn't aware of this when I signed up. I am certain if I followed that, the weight would come off faster, but I am just a wee bit stubborn, and I am really happy with the way I am eating right now, so I think I will keep things as they are in the kitchen, but I will attempt to cut down on the bananas and fruit in general, and snack more on veggies, not fruit. I still say I didn't get fat eating too much fruit! :)
In the excitement of my 8 week adventure, I decided some actual exercise clothes would be a nice added touch. Lawn mowing clothes should be for lawn mowing, and actually, some of those need to go bye bye. Hey, I'm all about comfort!
So I headed to TJ Maxx to search for some deals! I found some great tops for $9.99! I also picked up some socks and a new pair of pants. Then I headed to Kohl's for my favorite Champion Sports bras, in the correct size! I can't believe how long I had been wearing the bras from several pounds ago! Dumb! I always buy black and white......I was feeling sassy, so I added some bright colors! I love them!



Here's yesterdays eats.....
Breakfast.......egg scramble.....
I cooked, then weighed this potato....2 PPV.

Then I cut it up, and "crisped" it a bit in Olive Oil spray...

I added 4 egg whites and scrambled...topped with a slice of 2% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, in little pieces.....

Covered with a lid.....

Ta Da! Nice and creamy, melted cheese.

Added my cafe au lait.......

and a couple of strawberries......perfect!

Then I was gone most of the day........when I got home I wanted something yummy and quick! So I made up one of my new smoothies. I am LOVING this WW Creamy Coconut Smoothie with a little added fresh pineapple!

I snacked on some dry kashi cereal, then had a banana, then had a serving of my Blueberry Cobbler!

Blueberry Cobbler
I wanted to have dinner ready when I got home from my 6:00 pm Bootcamp, so I was thinking crockpot. I made a favorite. Taco Soup.
Taco Soup



'https://picasaweb.google.com/107573335611793943119/TheWeightOfMyWeight?authkey=Gv1sRgCOGFlaeF_b7lPg#5750543848355381554'>
Check out this crockpot.....It's really a fryer with a basket and all. My mom gave it to me a LONG time ago, and she had it a LONG time before I got it! I still have the original book that came with it! I would love to know what year she bought this. I don't see a publish date in the book. I will ask her. I guarantee, she will know.


I have used it for frying twice. I have no idea how many times I have made dinner in it! TONS!
The taco soup tasted great after the weight class. I had plenty of points left to eat it on top of baked chips and top with cheese, and I really wanted a diet coke to make me feel like I was really having a treat of a dinner! I only have about one or two diet soda's a week. The sodium really seems to make me puffy. Not a great feeling. After the soup, chips and soda, I'll be drinking even more water the next 24 hours to flush that out!

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.
The food I ate today and it's PPV.
Breakfast = 5
Lunch = 3
Snack = 6
Dinner = 12
Total = 26
Activity Points Earned Today = 4
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 17
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment