Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Betsy's Zucchini Soup

A friend of mine, Betsy, gave me this recipe some time ago. I have made it many times. I added a little variety today, and I LOVE it!





Zucchini Soup (with chicken added)

(not part of the original recipe,1 rotisserie chicken, bite size pieces)

1/2 C chopped onion
1-2 cloves garlic, diced
Cooking spray (you might want a little olive oil)
3 zucchini, slice 1/4" slices
4 C FF Chicken broth
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 C frozen corn
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper

Cook onion and garlic in cooking spray (you may want to add a little olive oil), add all other ingredients and simmer. Serve over baked chips and top with shredded mont jack cheese!





With the chicken added, this made about 10 cups. 1 cup = 3 PPV.

Add extra points for the chips and cheese!

I added the chicken today, and only had 1 zucchini. Perfect!

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment