Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blueberry Cobbler

This is an old recipe that I have hung onto. I am not a big pie or cobbler person. I prefer cakes and brownies and breads, but this is a keeper! Probably because of the cobbler part! I wish I could give credit to the original creator of the recipe, but I haven't a clue. For some odd reason, I remember her name was Sue! Thanks Sue!

I am going to my brothers today to celebrate his birthday and offered to bring dessert. The menu for dinner is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, and all that jazz. I don't really care for fried chicken, and can pass on the other stuff as well, but don't want to make a scene. I think I'll take a veggie platter and eat small bites of the "other" food.

I will be eating this though!

Here's the recipe! Nothing about this taste "light", and it is super easy to make! Promise!

Blueberry Cobbler

4 C fresh blueberries
1 tsp lemon juice
Cooking spray
1 C flour
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
1 T veg oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 lg egg whites, lightly beaten
3 T sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Combine blueberries and lemon juice in a 9 inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. (I used a larger dish so I could spread it out a bit and just have smaller portions. The recipe as is, is a very nice large portion.) Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients in a lg. bowl. Make a well in the center. In a separate bowl, slight beat egg whites, then add oil and vanilla and whisk. Add to flour mixture.






Stir until completely mixed.




Form 8 dumplings and place on top of blueberries. (I made 16 small dumplings instead of 8 large ones. This allows me to cut the points down if I eat 1/2 of an original serving).




Combine 3 T of sugar with 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. (I think this is what does it for me!)





Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

I JUST took this out of the oven and I have no idea how I am going to wait ALL day to eat it! The house smells so good!




The original recipe is for 8 servings, and 5 PPV.

I will cut it in half, but call it 3 PPV!

Happy Sunday!

“You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients.”
― Julia Child



"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment