Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Turkey Skillet Lasagna

I was browsing Pinterest looking for something different, yet healthy, yet EASY for dinner. I came across a recipe for skillet lasagna. I love lasagna and was intrigued by the whole "skillet" meal, because I also like a one dish meal! When I went to check it out, I couldn't find it, so referred to my buddy Google, and of course found several options. None were as easy as I hoped, so I combined a few things from a few of the recipes that I found, and came up with my own. Success, and only 7 PPV per serving!

1 lb ground turkey, 93% lean.
1 chopped onion
2 jars marinara, or spaghetti sauce, or whatever you like best
6 whole grain lasagna noddles, broken into bite size pieces (cool, huh?)
1 C. Low fat cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
Shredded mozzarella (1/4 to 1/2 C)

I love this Ragu. It's Light Tomato Basil. These noodles cooked up great!




Brown meat and cook onion together. Drain. Add jars of sauce. Add noodle pieces and cook on medium high heat for 20 minutes, stirring often to avoid sticking, until noodles are tender.



Combine cottage cheese, egg whites and Parmesan cheese. Drop by spoonfuls onto lasagna and continue cooking for additional 5 minutes. Top with mozzarella for garnish.



This recipe makes 6 LARGE servings at 7 PPV.




Dinner tasted like I spent all day in the kitchen, instead of all day on my IPad looking for an easy, healthy recipe! :)




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment