Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sleepless in ????? Does it really matter?

Sleepless in bed, sleepless in the recliner, sleepless on the couch.

After getting the great news that I could do away with the arm/brace/sling thingamabob, Mike and I dismantled it (with approval from the Doc), so I could just use the sling part. I hadn't really thought through sleeping without it, as excited as I was to NOT have to actually sleep in it. It's a stability sling, for lack of a better term, (that's the only thing I can think of to call it), and there is a lot of metal in it, and velcro, and straps. Well, we completely took it apart, so basically, now it is just a sling. I dream kinda crazy and jerk around a lot in the middle of the night, and I was concerned my arms might go flailing about in a dream, so we attempted to put it back together, but without all the metal, so I could sleep with it around my waist a few more nights. The thought of my arm flying up in the middle of the night to punch whoever might be trying to chase me in a dream, or rob me at gunpoint, was freaking me out! Well, I was miserably uncomfortable, and as awkward as all that metal was, it held my arm out away from my body in a position that was comfortable for my shoulder. After shoving pillows under my arm and my shoulder, and trying to sleep on my left side, then sitting upright, then lying back down, I just got up.

I went to the recliner, then to the couch, then back to the recliner. Sleep 15 minutes, wake up, sleep 10 minutes, wake up, sleep, wake, sleep, wake. It was exhausting. I have no idea what I am going to do for a good nights sleep the next few nights.

Exhausted, I drove to my WW meeting. Last Friday was a great weigh in. Monday at home was a great weigh in. I decided to try out my new scale each morning, just out of curiosity. I was doing so good, and it always feels so good to watch that number go down. Tuesday? UP!!!! Wednesday? Same as Tuesday! Thursday? Still the same! And each morning, it said the exact same thing. 172.1. I thought that was weird. I never weigh the exact same thing two days in a row, none the less, three days in a row. I thought perhaps my new scale was broken. Friday? Back down a bit. 171.2. What the ..........??????

So I weighed in at 171.4 at WW, which is a gain of 0.6 from last weeks awesome weigh in at the Weight Watchers scale. The only thing I can figure is too much salt this week, too many fruits (I did eat a lot of fruit, and not always with a protein) and being that lovely time of the month! It really is frustrating to eat within your points, (and I walked six days on the treadmill!) drink all your water, then gain!!! But I have been doing this long enough, that I know to expect to not understand exactly what my body is doing all the time. So, I will remain confident that my new strategy and my coach will get me to goal by the end of August, and start this week with a positive attitude.

I am meeting my coach on Saturday to review my week!












"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment:

  1. You can do it. Unfortunately, we did not mark your chart on the first weekend we met. Then you would have seen the two pound drop from that day to your first WW Weigh in, then the plateau would make more sense. You are doing great! You not only can do this, you are doing this!! Go Jules!! See you in a couple of hours!!

    ReplyDelete