Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day with Dad......

Dad and I had planned on a Saturday morning coffee, but I slept like crap, until about 7:00 am, then I was sleeping deep, so I just kept sleeping, and he ran an errand that went until noon, so we had lunch.

I was in the mood for a Saturday morning greasy spoon, but we ended up at my breakfast "safe" place, First Watch. I had planned to try something a little different, so I ordered my usual egg white, turkey, spinach, feta omelet and replaced the dry toast with a fruit cup! I'm really changing things up here, huh?

We had a great chat, got caught up on the weeks news, then ran a few errands together. The man could talk for hours, and he always has a great story, so we put a few miles on the car and went all over town. Then, I was ready for a nap!

Instead I came home and did my PT exercises, which were almost intolerable, then walked on the treadmill. I only got in 45 minutes instead of 60. Doing the treadmill BEFORE PT next time. That didn't feel so great. Then I just felt like an old lady the rest of the day. We had Pizza while watching KU/K-State, then I was in p.j.s and ready for bed before 9:00. Sad. I know.

I talked to my coach about a few of my goals on Saturday morning. I've decided that alcohol twice a month sounds good on paper, but just isn't working for me. It is important for me to lose the weight, but I also need to have realistic goals that work for me and my lifestyle. I would much rather enjoy wine with my girlfriends at a spur of the moment occasion, and work it into my points, than only plan two events a month to be able to drink. I know this is not a problem for so many of you, because we have talked about it. I also know my beers have been a stalling point in my weight loss. I guess the key here is to figure out what works best for me. I think I will do fine if I work it into my points. I have talked to other members that this has worked for, so I know it is doable for some.

I have decided I am ready to work in a few wall sits, crunches, squats and lunges, so we discussed a plan for that for three times a week. I need to come up with a chart for that I suppose. It just seems easier to keep track of what I did and when I did it. And I really do like writing it down and seeing what I have done.


Sorry for such boring post lately. Obviously the blog has taken a different route. I hate to be so serious. I'll work on getting a little humor back into things and try not to be so stiff, but you guys, it's kinda serious stuff here.













"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment