Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Friday, April 12, 2013

9 Weeks Post-Op

Well, I bragged earlier in the week about how exercising early in the day really helps keep me motivated to make wise food choices throughout the day, then on Wednesday my treadmill routine didn't happen until about 5:00 pm, and on Thursday it never happened at all!! I still made good choices, but I found it a bit ironic.

The good news is.....

I weigh 165.6! I was shooting for 166 something, so this makes me very happy.


TEN things I can now do with my right hand/arm.

1. Wash my hair. (I can't quite reach the top of my head, but maybe two more weeks!)

2. Wash the front of my left shoulder and my entire left armpit! (This JUST happened this week!)

3. Turn on the radio in the car. (I have to really think about it to make my arm go up there, but it goes!)

4. Shake hands! (This just happened this week!)

5. Push the garage door opener in the car. (This one hurts like the dickens, but I CAN DO IT!)

6. Stir stuff. (Thick stuff? Stir slowly.)

7. Turn the steering wheel. (Probably not real safe, so the left hand is free if I need it.)

8. Hold the blow dryer!! (I had my first good hair day in like NINE WEEKS!)

9. Reach something I might need out of the passengers seat! (Like my purse to pay for a Starbucks.)

10. Put mascara on without my hand quivering all over the place! (No more eye pokes!)

Oh! AND!!!! I slept five good nights this week!
Three of those were drug free!
Yippee! Yahoo! Yeehaw!

And!!!! It might be obvious, but I am in a much better mood.









"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment: