Lake Fun!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Saying "Good-Bye"

"Good-Bye" was harder than I realized. I had thought so much about all of the things that needed to be done in preparation for the trip to Dallas, and the things Tess wanted to get done once in Dallas, I hadn't really taken the time to think about saying good bye at the airport.

We had a nice, relaxed morning. We packed the car with my things, then left for the day.

We had decided it would be a great day to figure out different routes around the city. (We had NOT anticipated or planned on it raining! Nor had we planned on faulty windshield wipers, especially since the blades were new. But unfortunately, we had both!)

Before we headed downtown, we stopped for an early lunch. Because it was a little chilly and rainy outside, soup and a sandwich sounded good.

Then we started our journey. Uh, none of it was fun. I did a really good job of totally pretending I was fine. It was raining hard, the traffic was crazy and nobody uses a blinker! It's just weird how when you, as the passenger, shove your foot into the floorboard, and the car doesn't seem to slow down!

After a good couple of hours of stress, we decided to find the fun area we spent Monday afternoon in. UPTOWN!

We were happy to find the menu at the place we chose had Boulevard Beer, and we were both wanting a little taste of home. We enjoyed our beers with a little asiago/artichoke dip and some bruschetta.........

..........while we got to know Johnny the bartender a little better. We now had two hours to kill before driving to the airport, and we knew we had no desire to do any more unnecessary driving!! So we chatted Johnny's ear off!

Tess took me to the airport, and the emotions hit us both hard. I kept my cool though. We both did. Southwest Airlines flew me home for free! Nothing to cry about there. I'm excited to find out about the flight benefits to come!!

I'm sure we will get to see each other sooner than we think, but I suppose the not knowing when, is the most difficult part.

I did a terrible job staying on my WW plan, but I did write it all down. It is helpful to have an idea what the scale will say when I step on it Friday morning. I have zero excuses for not getting activity in and drinking lots of water Wednesday. I will be On Plan!

Here are the results for Tuesday.

Tess has decided to write a blog. I read her first post and it's great! It is her journey from college kid to adulthood. She had mentioned she would like to have a place to write about the transition, and the stories along the way. I am super excited. She isn't ready for anyone to read it yet, I don't think? But we did have fun trying to come up with a name for her blog. I really wanted her to call it....

"Where'd My Mom Go?"

........but she came up with her own clever name. I can't tell you though, until she's ready for readers. :)

I did "FaceTime " Tess so she could visit with Tucker when I got home. It was the perfect way to end the night.

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment