Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Monday FunDay in Dallas!

Well, we stayed up late chatting on Sunday, so we didn't get a super early start on Monday, but we loved our first night in Dallas getting cozy in Tess' new home.

Monday, we maneuvered our way around downtown Dallas pretty well for a couple of rookies! Okay, actually, Tess did ALL of the maneuvering, I was really just along for the ride (white knuckled through most of it, but not because of her driving, but because of MY need to be the driver.) I discovered that actually, she drives a lot like I do, so it wasn't so bad after all. :)

I was even able to take some pictures.




The highways were endless!!




The traffic was constant! At one point, the sun was in her eyes and the sun visors were just not doing the job. She had me hold the iPad up in between the visor and rear view mirror so she could she. So, here we are in our Kansas tags, minus one hub cab, driving slightly slower than most, with me holding my iPad to block the sun. Can ya'll (that's what they say here) blame us for drinking??




We decided on a light lunch when we spotted a Whole Foods!




Later, after Tess checked out the location of her new job, we looked for a cold beer stop! Surprise! We discovered the Uptown part of Dallas. Super cute! Trendy. Young.




We hung out for a bit, then headed home in the rush hour traffic, just to get a feel for what she'll be experiencing! Holy Heck!

After a little chit chat and freshening up at home, we went to dinner with her cousin and his wife. It's great to have someone available to show you around everywhere!

We went to the Londoner, a pub, to watch the Alabama/Notre Dame game, and munch on dinner.

Grilled Chicken and Avocado Sandwich and fries and more beer! I am WAY over on my points here, not sure how much water I have had, did not get a chance to exercise, and a little overwhelmed with everything that's going on. (Bummer of a picture, eh?)




Well, that's the day in a nutshell! Dallas does look like LOTS of fun though!




I can't wait to go back! You think she'll let me??





"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment