Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Harley Davidson, not a Scooter!!

I woke up Saturday morning feeling fully rested, confident, and more energetic than I had in over three weeks!! I was ready to take on the day!

I talked to my mom, and she woke up feeling great, with no pain from yesterday's surgery. That is amazing AND exciting!!

I talked to my daughter, and she had brunch plans with some NEW friends, and that makes this mom very happy for her kid that has moved so far away and is struggling just a bit to figure out the best way to meet people.

Saturday is looking pretty darn awesome!!

I headed out for a good hard walk, where somewhere along the way, I decided to up my pace into a run for a bit, which I do very rarely. I was thinking about all of those contestants on Extreme Makeover, Weight Loss Edition. Those folks are very overweight and work out like crazy!!!! So I should make myself run a bit, right?? While running, I would spot a destination that I would run to. A street sign, or a sidewalk, or a bench. Then I would tell myself that destination was 155 pounds, and running to that destination would get me there quicker!! So, throughout my run/walk, I kept picking out destinations and saying....

"That sign is where I'll find 155. I HAVE to run to the sign!!"

Then I got a little crazy and ran up some hills, saying the same thing.

"155 is at the top of this hill, Julie! Go, Go, Go!!!!"

Then on my last long stretch of running, I passed another runner. A guy. We looked at each other across the street and did the whole wave and nod thing, kinda like motorcycle riders do. And then I'm like......

Hey, that's kinda cool. A Harley would never nod and wave to a Scooter!! I mean, it'd be polite and all, on both parts, but it's just not likely to happen, and we all know it, right? But today, that Harley didn't KNOW I was a Scooter!! He totally thought I was Harley! And for just a little while, I was.

Yes, my analogies are odd at times. This I know. I thought about all sorts of stupid stuff on my 90 minute walk/jog, but I sure was in a good mood. I then came home and mowed with my headphones on, all the while listening to my Pandora Eagles Station. I jammed to a little Eagles, Bob Seger, Otis Redding.......and I sang along to EVERYTHING!

I was feeling all sorts of energetic now, so I washed my car, bought paint at Home Depot to touch up my bathroom cabinets, picked out paint colors for the Guest Room I am turning Tesses room into, and planned a nice date night for Mike and I! I was a busy girl, all the while feeling like some kinda Harley Davidson!

By the time Mike got home, I was actually exhausted, feeling more like a Scooter, you know, my usual self. We ordered Jose Peppers and hung out on the couch, me in my P.J.s, and watched the Chiefs game. We were in bed by 9:00 to watch the end of the game. That's really more our idea of a nice Saturday night anyhow. We were both happy to be chillin' at home.

Today, we are having "Date Day", and actually getting out of the house! We've got some great things planned and I'm looking forward to a perfect Sunday!!

Yesterday's Eats........

Breakfast



Snacks......
Click HERE for the recipe for the
"No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls"








Lunch




Snack




Dinner





Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise, and eat them if I choose.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate and it's PPV

Snack = Coffee with Milk (1)
Breakfast = 1 Egg, 3 Egg Whites, Turkey, Cheese, 1/4 Avocado (7)
Snack = 3 No Bake Oatmeal Balls, Whey Protein with 1 T. CIA Seeds, 1 C. Frozen Blueberries (7)
Lunch = Veggies, Grilled Chicken, Tzatziki Sauce (6)
Snack = Strawberries (0)
Dinner = Jose Peppers Chicken Fajitas, at home on a pretty plate. (15)

Total = 36

Today's Exercise = Walked 5 Miles, Mowed the Lawn

How many glasses of water I drank today = 15
Activity Points Earned Today = 10
Activity Points Earned This Week = 10
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 39

ALCOHOL consumption = none, and I was REALLY wanting something Saturday Night too!!!


This is what I said ALL DAY yesterday..........




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment