Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Coach, My Chart

My Coach.....

She's got my back, no matter what. I weighed in Friday morning. Last week I was exactly where I had planned on being, then I managed to sabotage myself and instead of taking one step forward this week, I took two steps backwards, and although I am still below my green line on my chart, I started to FREAK OUT and anticipate failure for the month of May. My coach and I had a scheduled a meeting for Saturday morning at 8:00 am, and I knew I needed this meeting more than ever. I NEEDED my "sponsor"! So to prepare her, I charted my weigh in (165.6) on my graph, and sent her a picture, along with this text.........





Here is my chart.......




Then I headed out the door on an unexpected Friday walk. (Guys, Fridays are days "off" of exercising, but I knew I needed to work extra hard this week, so out the door I went.)

My friend, Becky, showed me this awesome Pedometer App!

I LOVE my new iPhone!!!! :)

Read these numbers people. On my day "off" of exercising, we walked for 1 hour and 54 minutes and got in 8 miles!! WHOO WHOO!!!!
(Becky had two pedometers, and they each had a little different numbers, so I averaged out the distance of the two and logged 7.5 miles on my chart, even though I hate half numbers.)






Becky politely listened as I ranted on about my goals and obstacles. Thank you, Becky. As we walked, I made the decision to just stay on plan at the Lake and make it work for me. If I don't make the decisions that I need to make THIS very key month in my weight loss, I will never reach my goal. I have been making "Partying" excuses for over a year now. It's time to do this, just as coach and I have planned.

I also knew in the back of my mind that my coach would NOT let me get away with making the Lake an excuse to not continue losing in May.

When I got home from my walk, here is the text I had received from my coach.







Are YOU crapping YOUR pants too? I know, RIGHT? I was like....whoaaaaa.....she knows me wayyyyyy better than I realized!! This is why I have her. She is really, really holding me completely accountable. If it weren't for her, I might sabotage myself this entire month, and by the end of the month, be back in the 170's and frustrated as all get out. But because I have her, (Thank God I have her) I am reminded that I can really do this, I just have to decide. I love that I have her.

When I returned from my walk, I not only felt great about my good long walk, but it gave me time to think and talk, and I had started to not feel so anxious about my trip to the lake.

I sent her this text back......





You been thinking about a "Coach" to help you reach any of your goals??

Well, I HIGHLY recommend it!










"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I'm glad I am here to help and inspire you! I enjoyed our coffee yesterday morning and I am looking forward to the coffee we will have in early June when you proudly tell me how good it felt to stick to plan for the last three weeks of May, including your long weekend at the lake, and to weigh in on May 31st at 160 pounds!!! It will feel awesome and I'll feel so proud as I am listening to your story. I've got goosebumps already just imagining how your face will be radiating the satisfaction and joy of success!!! You've got this Julie. We both know it!!

    ReplyDelete