Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Perfect Saturday

My morning started off with one dog in my face, the other in my back, and me tangled in the covers. I have had some dreams the last few nights that have been exhausting and in which I think I earned some Activity Points!

I jumped out of bed and started my day, which is where the "Perfect Part" comes in.

I was anxious to get the deep, long blog off of my mind and out there, so that and a few cups of coffee were the first thing on my Saturday agenda.

Then I dressed for the day.......feeling very Fallish (that Fall thing is gonna get old quick, isn't it?) in my hat and plaid to meet my mom for lunch at the Overland Park City Market.

How Do I Look?

Yes, I was feeling a bit sassy.





Before I left the house, I knew I needed to eat a little something, so I grabbed some almonds and a banana.

2 PPV



Then I headed to Downtown Overland Park.






I love the Market atmosphere on a cool Saturday morning.....







I met my mom at The Great Day Cafe.




It was a busy Saturday at The Great Day Cafe with lots of moms and dads and kids and grandparents, but I was loving all the commotion.

A couple owns the joint (I assume they are the owners) and the misses runs around in her cute little artsy outfit making sure everyone is enjoying their soup, sandwich and pastry, all made from scratch and with local ingredients...........




........while the hubby, in his ponytail and awesome hat, plays an original of his on one of his five instruments he has lined up in front of him.




Everyone that works there is either in skinny jeans and converse, has several piercings, has dreadlocks, or....all of the above. I LOVE IT!

I ordered 1/2 soup, 1/2 sandwich.
Caprese Panini with Butternut Squash Soup

11 PPV



After lunch, we stepped out to the patio so mom could smoke her dessert.





They had BLANKETS nicely draped over many of the chairs! How cute is THAT? I ordered a coffee and covered up!

After lunch I hit the Apple store where I fell in love with Adam. I downloaded the new IOS 6 yesterday and there seemed to be a glitch with my email. The place was packed, due to the new IPhone and being a Saturday and all, but somehow I got a Kick Ass parking....AND Adam took care of me with very little effort, and very little time. We even talked BLOG!

Then I hit up Trader Joes for a few essentials.

On the way home, I had the windows down, the sunroof open, the heater full blast, and I was jammin like a fool to Cheap Trick. It really is scary how much fun I can have alone.

I took my four legged friends for a walk, then got ready for an evening out with the hubby.

Before heading out, I made a little snack.........
Carrots, Applepear and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
1 PPV











This weekend is our "dating anniversary". We went on our first date 16 years ago. We like to celebrate by going to the Plaza Art fair.




The weather was perfect and the Plaza was packed full of Art, people, music, beer tents and Food tents.














We strolled the art, saw a few familiar faces, shared a beer and each ate a Turkey Burger while strolling the streets. It was a little chilly out, so I opted for a latte instead of a second beer.

We headed home to find the neighbors out enjoying the Fire Pit, so we joined them. :) I drank hot tea and took advantage of the marshmallows and the fire and roasted a couple! Yum. Fall.

It really was the Perfect Saturday!



Just to keep in check.....

THESE ARE FRIDAYS EATS.........

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast (oatmeal, apple and nonfat latte) = 6
Lunch (small beef patty, green beans) = 6
Snack (beer) = 4
Dinner (shrimp fajitas) = 15

Total = 31

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 44
How many glasses of water I drank today = 9


THESE ARE SATURDAYS EATS............

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 2
Lunch = 11
Snack = 1
Dinner (turkey burger and beer) = 13
Latte = 2
Roasted Marshmallows = 4

Total = 33

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 37
How many glasses of water I drank today = 10






"love the life you live, live the life you love"

2 comments:

  1. Latte's and roasting marshmallows...that IS a perfect Fall day! I love it! I had a great 10 mile run and then treated myself to some brand new skinny jeans! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great 10 mile run AND bought skinny jeans? How good did THAT feel to say! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete