Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Calling Fall. Hello? Fall?

The forecast for the day......mid 90's. Not very Fall, huh? But I am ready. I am ready for Orange and Red Leaves......





Jeans and Boots and Sweaters and Hats and Football and Fire Pits and Hot Chocolate! Gimme a minute....I'll think of some more. I'm ready for a crockpot full of Mom's Vegetable Soup, Chili and Corn Bread, Chicken and Noodles.

I guess I will settle for a nice Big Bowl of warm Oatmeal.
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal............
5 PPV



.........with a cup of Cinnamon Roll Coffee........




Ah.....the taste of cinnamon......




You want that bowl of oatmeal???
Chop up an apple and sprinkle it with cinnamon.




Microwave for 2 minutes.




This bowl of oatmeal has...
Cooked oatmeal 4 PPV
Just a few raisins 1 PPV
1 chopped, microwaved apple sprinkled with cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 packet of Truvia

A Bowl of Fall!







My afternoon..........


I worked at my friends, Sydney, Food Truck today during the lunch hour. I would love to link you to the website, but it isn't quite ready. The food truck name?

Beauty of the Bistro!

The truck is super cute!
If you're local, come see us next week at 199th and Metcalf from 11-2!




The Menu?




Cheeseburger
Cowboy Skillet
Pork Tacos Topped with Slaw
Roast Beef Sandwich
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Market Salad

So far I have sampled the Chicken Salad, the Pork Tacos and the Cowboy Skillet. Everything has a twist to it and taste delicious!

I'm in there......taking orders......taking money!





People that like to eat at Food Trucks are super friendly! They like the idea of something fun, something new. That "Lets help the little guy" mentality. Except this one old man today. He had a smile just as big as his hat, and just as big as his belly, come to think of it. So he was happy, that's for sure.

Old Man.. "Who picked these colors on yer truck?"
Me....."Huh?"
Old Man..."Them colors are odd, who picked em?"
Me....."Uh....err....uh....She did?" as I point to the owner as she's making up his burger.
Old Man..."Well, now....I'm not saying its bad or anything, just odd, that's all."

I couldn't tell if he was funny, or rude. Old people. Sometimes it's hard to tell. I really wanted to say......with a giggle of course.......

"Look Al, (his name was on his shirt), didn't your momma teach you if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?"

But I just politely handed him the Best Cheeseburger he has probably ever had! I bet he's back next week too!

Today for lunch I had one Pork Taco.....forgot to take a picture! Next week.
8 PPV?


Dinner has a small story to it. I'll keep it short. It's really not even a story I guess. Well, maybe.....kinda. I can make anything a story, I suppose. When I was growing up, Mom made this soup a lot during the Fall and Winter. My recollection is that we always called it Mom's Vegetable Soup, but I think it always had hamburger in it! I should ask her about this. I am going to guess it WAS vegetable soup, (any canned good she could find, added to a large can of V8), but possibly when the paycheck had a little extra in it, she added hamburger?? I remember Saltine Crackers with butter on the side. My mom could do wonders with nothing in the pantry OR fridge. Still amazes me. :)

(While cooking dinner, I snacked on nuts, grapes, a banana and string cheese. Yes, snacked on.) 5 PPV

I make this soup all through the Fall and Winter and I ALWAYS call it Vegetable Soup, and I ALWAYS put hamburger in it!

The base is 64 oz V8 tomato juice, one can of chicken broth and three bay leaves. From there, you can pretty much do whatever you want. Mom always used canned veggies because she was a working woman with limited time to prepare meals. She cooked every night, no matter what! And it was always good. You would not BELIEVE what that woman could create with a box of Mac and Cheese!!

Today I used only canned Peas and frozen Corn, but fresh potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and green beans.





Here's what I put together, and here's what I'm calling it, no matter what my Mom says.

"Everything But The Kitchen Sink Soup"

1 pound Ground Turkey
2 sliced Chicken Sausages, sautéed and a bit crispy
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot stick, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 C fresh green beans, washed and cut into bite size pieces
1 potato, chopped (I left the skin on) Your call.
1 can peas, drained
1 C frozen corn
64 oz V8 tomato juice
16 oz Fat Free Chicken Broth
2 bay leaves
1 T. Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper
Dash of sugar

1 C = 4 PPV (as made with these ingredients)

Easy Peezy.

Cook turkey with onion and S&P and Italian seasoning, drain.
Sauté sliced chicken sausages in skillet to crisp.
Put everything in one big pot, add a dash of sugar and bring to a boil. Let simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender.

So hearty and yummy.




I don't care if it is 97 degrees outside. I am in the mood for FALL!




The kitchen was a DISASTER after I threw it all in the pot, and I ALWAYS clean as I go! A mess spins me into a terrible anxiety attack!



Holy Moly!



I knew not to get overwhelmed and just dig in. I looked at the clock and challenged myself to see how fast I could FIX it!





Busy...busy...busy.....

All clean!








Seriously?





Kind of impressive, huh?

"Everything But The Kitchen Sink Soup"
1 C. = 4 PPV
Shaved Parmesan = 1 PPV














Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 5
Lunch = 8
Snack = 5
Dinner = 5

Total = 23

Activity Points Earned Today = 0. :(
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 18
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12

Look and enjoy.........
















"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Word!! I am SO ready for Fall!! I have spent so much time on Pinterest looking at Fall food, Fall clothes, Fall scenes! It never gets old and I love everything about it! I do tend to want to cozy in and eat alot of comfort food too, so I am looking for healthy versions now. You can bet that I will be trying this soup out!

    ReplyDelete