Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Music on Main

Saturday's duties included washing the car, grocery shopping, walking the dogs, exercise and laundry. I was scurrying around to get it all done because we had a big afternoon planned!

Music on Main! An Annual Event on Main street in Grandview.




Free Admission.....bring your own chair......Food Trucks.....Beer Tent.....great Music......and possibly even Better people watching!

We thought we could bring a cooler, so I packed it full of healthy snacks to munch on throughout the afternoon.

Turkey, cheese, almonds, apple slices, grapes, carrots.............lots of good stuff! When we arrived, the entire cooler had tipped over and the large amount of ice that had already melted was now water all over the trunk! Yay! Good times! Then we discovered you couldn't bring coolers after all. :)





On the stage in this picture is Liverpool. They are a Beatles cover band and did an awesome job! Next on the stage was Blues Singer, Samantha Fish. She is the real reason we went. Awesome! She is 22 and sings with the soul of someone much older! Next was an Eagles cover band. They were all great and the weather outside was absolutely perfect! Three more bands were to follow.




While at the concert, chilling in the lawn chairs, people watching, listening to good music, enjoying the most perfect weather, I was getting a little flustered thinking a Cold Beer would truly be the icing on the cake! I almost just wanted to hold the can! (I had told myself I would not drink anymore until I reached my goal of 150 lbs. I am at 165.) After the first hour of music, I asked Mike to go get me a beer. He did, without question. I sipped it, and it was maybe the best, one single, beer I had enjoyed in a long time. Last weekend, I ordered a beer, and felt such extreme guilt, I didn't enjoy any of it, and didn't even finish it. Part of me felt bad for ordering it, and the other part of me felt good for not finishing it, or drinking more! I enjoyed this one.

I hate to keep making such a bid deal about the drinking, or the NO drinking, but it is not uncommon for me to typically drink three to four times a week. Sometimes, just two beers, but usually more like 5 or 6, or a bottle of wine. I could always find an excuse. So going from that to two days in the entire month of August, is kind of a big deal......for me, anyhow.

When we left the concert to go to dinner, I was telling Mike how I was disappointed in the fact that I had a beer, but how good that one beer tasted, and somehow it made the concert experience complete for me. He told me how proud he was of all the hard work I had been doing. We had talked the night before about my strange fluctuation in weight the last couple of weigh ins. He said he can't believe how hard I have to work to just get off five pounds. He was saying if he worked just half as hard as I did at eating right and exercising, the pounds would just FALL OFF him! I replied....."I KNOW, RIGHT?". It made me feel good that he recognized my hard work and understood my frustration. Then he told me that I need to figure out a way to enjoy a beer once in a while (not 6 or 8 beers) without feeling guilty. I told him I had tried that before, but always seemed to make an excuse. He said he thought it was just fine that I had gone to an outdoor concert and decided to have one beer. So I guess this is my confession, but Mike said it was okay. I do think if I wanted 3 or 4, he would ask me if I was sure thats what I wanted to do. I do love him.

Then we went to dinner, enjoyed some more Live Music, and we're home by 9:00 pm. It was an awesome Saturday!

The days eats.........
Oatmeal Pancake with Better N Peanut Butter and sliced banana






6 PPV




I made of plate of goodies while packing the cooler.....
Lunch
9 PPV




For Dinner.....I ordered my favorite Chicken Hawaiian Skewers at our Neighborhood Joint...
They come with roasted potatoes, but since I had the beer, I asked for broccoli instead of the potatoes.
6 PPV





Oh! I forgot! I did look back at my food and activity journal for my week that I lost 6.8 lbs. My leader mentioned some of it could have to do with stress, and although that could be true since my daughter was in the hospital, that is also the week that I did the 5K. That week I also ran/jogged more than I typically do. So Saturday morning, in the gorgeous weather, I ran/jogged quite a bit more than I usually do!

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 6
Lunch = 9
Snack (beer) = 4
Dinner = 6

Total = 25

Activity Points Earned Today = 4
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 49
How many glasses of water I drank today = 15

This weeks phrase......




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Mike!! I think enjoying a night of music, and your sweetie, and having a beer sounds great!! I think just planning it into your day, no guilt and enjoy!! A night of having a couple of drinks after a week of eating healthy and exercise is totally doable! If you eat junk all week and sit on your butt then go out and drink hard...well, thats another story! I understand, I for sure dont want to gain even a pound back...but I want to enjoy life (and cupcakes) too! I just keep thinking "wise choices and moderation"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a trigger food for me so I guess it just seemed smart to stay away from it for a while.

      Delete
    2. I totally understand that! I know without a doubt that diet coke will make me want chips..and I know that I have a hard time eating a serving of chips. I just don't have either. I dont know if that will change over time.

      Delete