Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Preparing for the Weekend!

I'm sure as with many other folks, the weekend can be the hardest for staying on track with healthy eating, and overall, healthy choices. Winter seems even more of a challenge for me when the weather is cold. I'm an expert in excuses. "It's too cold to go the gym." - "I think my car runs poorly in the cold." - "If I go out in this cold, I'll be tempted to go through Starbucks and order something I shouldn't." - "I NEED to make this big pot of chili, so I probably don't have time to go to the gym." Okay, all kidding aside, some of these thoughts have really gone through my head. But I know it's only good choices that will get me the results I want. I have said before that I am in no hurry, and I still am not, but I do continue to look for different ways to change things up, because I DO get bored easily. I tend to not want to get out of the house unless absolutely neccessary, and when I'm home, I like to eat, and when it's cold, I crave comfort foods.

I love a pancake on a Saturday morning, and this is one of my favorites. The recipe for this favorite is in my post on 5-16-11. I topped this with a half of a sliced banana, 1/2 T. mini choc chips, and a drizzle of honey! DELISH!!




So today is Saturday and we are having friends over tonight to play dominos or pool, or whatever we decide we are in the mood for. What I don't want to happen is for everyone to hang out in the kitchen and snack and drink all night. So I am making a big salad, and baking thin crust pizza (a comfort food I love, and can enjoy in moderation). I think I'll have flavored water and focus on the conversation and the game of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment