Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finding Balance....or....Trying to Find Balance

Let's just say.....if I were on a beam (the balance beam) right now, I'd fall off.

My mood has sucked the last couple of weeks. Just ask Mike. (Sorry, honey. You truly are a very patient man.)

I can't seem to focus on anything, or sleep. I don't have a regular schedule right now for anything.....sleep, exercise, work, meals. So unlike me. I need a schedule of some sort to be at my best. When I don't have one, it's like I can't decide what to do first or where to go first. Then I procrastinate on everything while I am trying to figure how to properly prioritize it all. Then anxiety sets in, and I suck at life and all of the important things that make life so good. So that's what's going on. And, I'm a 45 year old woman with an empty nest. I just feel like somehow, that explains a lot of it.

So...I have spent the last two days seeking balance...or at least a plan to get balance back in my life.




Bare with me.

I am giving myself until the end of Thursday to come up with a plan. I will post my plan on Friday.

A lot of things have changed over the last few weeks and it all kind of just hit me. I don't feel like I have failed at my weight loss goals, but I was anticipating moving forward, and now feel I have stalled.....again.

I have not had any alcohol since the Lake trip the first weekend in August, and it has been totally fine. But yesterday, I kept thinking a glass of red wine would calm me and I would feel so much better. But I didn't do it. (And I watched The Bachelor Pad with Mike, and realized my life was Pretty near PERFECT!) :)

I have kept up with my cardio 4 to 5 days a week, but only 1 or 2 days a week of strength training. Sucky! Sucky!

I am going to visit my baby tomorrow for her 21st birthday. I have so many memories of the last 21 years racing through my brain. Mixed emotions. A mother could not be more proud of her child. This birthday always seemed so far, far away. She really did grow up on me! I asked her to send me a picture yesterday so I could post it on Facebook. It was her last, first day of school, and I couldn't resist. Here is what she sent......




I love that kid!

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

4 comments:

  1. She is so cute! My daughter is turning 22 at the end of Sept. and is a senior at college. Time just flies by doesnt it?! I know what you mean by needing a schedule. I am a planner and need everything to go as planned or scheduled..if not then I wig out;)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding the whole schedule thing. I can't be the only one? How did Tuesday go for you? I was thinking about you.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I did make goal!! WooHoo! I lost 2.4 so that put me at 77 lbs lost. My goal was 75. I dont know I feel about maintenance yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so happy for you! You are motivating me! Congratulations Libby!

      Delete