Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Un Decorating. :(

Kinda makes me sad........





Due to tradition, I typically decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving, and I un decorate the weekend after New Years. The decorating is always fun, being creative, enjoying memories of past years, but the un decoration is kind of a bummer. It's all over until next year. But I must say, when everything is put away and the house is back in order and all cleaned up, it feels like a fresh start for the new year. This year, since I will be helping Tess move next weekend, it really needed to be done this weekend.




Time for a coffee break. That big bare spot is where the tree was.......





Breakfast time.

We had no eggs, and that always throws me for a loop, and I just haven't been in an oatmeal mood, so peanut butter toast was the breakfast of choice during a little un decorating break.

3 PPV




My next break, I enjoyed a nice cold smoothie! (I was freezing after eating it!)




I added a few frozen blueberries, strawberries and banana!

Trying hard to get fruits and veggies in today!




I haven't made one of these in a long time!




I topped it off with a little Kashi for crunch
3 PPV




Back to the un decorating.....and cleaning.....




Lunch anybody?

We are a little low on groceries, so I was trying to make a healthy and tasty lunch for us out of the few options we did have, and get power foods in. I had two apples and some carrots.

We had mini taco's from Trader Joe's, leftover Chicken Taco meat in baked chips and topped with cheese, an apple and carrots.




Our taco plates were 8 PPV each.
Apple and carrots? Zero!




The four mini tacos were 5 PPV and really tasty!




Snack
Chocolate covered Raisins
2 PPV

I have been struggling with those being in the house, so after I counted out my 10 raisins for 2 PPV, I threw them away. I hate that, but I knew I would be the only one eating them, so it was best.

I didn't finish putting things away, reorganizing the basement and cleaning the house, until about 6:00 pm. Then I got out of my p.j.'s, showered, put on clean p.j.'s, and curled up on the couch with a bowl of crockpot Yumminess!

(Santa brought Mike the first three Harry Potter movies, and we haven't seen any of them, so we decided to get started!)

Tess had this recipe.

Roast
1 packet Italian Dressing Mix
1 packet Au Jus
1 packet Onion Soup
1 cup Salsa
1 cup water

Apparently, you are supposed to mix the packets and liquid together, then pour it over the roast, but I learned that too late, and just dumped it all on the meat. It didn't matter, because several hours later, it was awesome!





The last couple of hours, I added the potatoes and carrots. Before eating it, I took the meat out and broke it up into chunks, then put it back in to soak up the juices!

I heated up some canned green beans, and added mine to the top of everything in a big bowl.

I baked some biscuits to soak up the Au jus!

Stew stuff
5 PPV

For my serving, I took some meat out and put it on my Weight Watchers scale so I could be accurate with my points. I cut the potatoes into chunks before I added them to the crockpot. Two chunks were equal to 1 PPV. I filled my bowl with my meat and potatoes, then I picked out lots of carrots, and topped it with green beans. The flavor from the packets that I used, and the salsa mixed in......was DELISH! I will make this again for sure!

5 PPV

1/2 biscuit with butter

3 PPV




For having zero groceries in the house, I did a pretty good job of getting in some fruits and veggies!

Activity Points Earned Today = 2
(I barely stopped moving from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 39
How many glasses of water I drank today = 10






In the Weight Watchers tracing journal (pictured above), they have Tips in the lower left corner. Thought I wold share this one.

"Feeling less than motivated to stay on plan? Ask yourself these two questions.

What happens if I stay on plan?
What happens if I quit?"


"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment