Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

One More Week, Then the Big Move to Dallas!

Saturday morning started off with an early cup of coffee, then curling up with the pooches on the couch.




I love this frothy milk!




Yip. Christmas is still up at my house The tree, coffee mugs, lights,
you name it. The whole shabang.

Couch time didn't last long on Saturday morning. Too many things to do and too many things to buy with Tess' Christmas Money!

We had a little protein before more shopping!




Three egg whites, reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, 1 T. Bacon pieces, light English muffin.



6 PPV



After shopping for a few hours, we decided to do something a little different and fun for lunch. And, it was now about 3:30 and we were starving!!

We hit the Japanese Steak house!

We decided on a few sushi rolls and a beer to start.




Then we decided we could share a Chicken Entree, so they brought our soup and salad.





Then the chef did his magic. He had all sorts of one liners. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the Japanese Steak House experiences. None of his eggs did the tricks he wanted them to do, so I asked him if it was his first day. I CAN'T JUST SIT THERE AND NOT TALK TO THE GUY! He was so cute. He said, "Yes, first day." But he said it with a smile on his face. Then he threw the chicken on the grill and said, "This fresh chicken. We get at Price Chopper." Tess and I cracked up! He did a great job and our Chicken was super tasty! AND, we both caught the shrimp in our mouth on the first try. (Hey, no cracks about us having big mouths!)




We took a fairly good size box of leftovers home. We were stuffed. We didn't eat all of our chicken and rice. I actually ordered brown rice and didn't eat the fried rice. I know everything was pretty salty. We did order a second beer. I drank a lot of water with my meal too.

I came home and looked everything up and wrote it all down.

This is one of those meals that I feel like I did a lot of guessing on the Points, but I was able to look things up in my Weight Watchers Dining Out Companion.....





.......and make a pretty good guesstimate on things. I didn't eat dinner. I really was full. Around 8:30, I had a pear and a cup of hot tea. I think I just felt like I should eat something instead of completely skipping a meal. Why on earth would anybody skip a meal??

Activity Points Earned Today = 1 (We walked all over the outdoor mall today)
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 39
How many glasses of water I drank today = 8




We had such a fun day playing in the dressing rooms, drinking coffee while walking the outdoor mall, laughing at each others stupidities, finding parking places and NOT finding parking places, singing songs and spending the day together. I am trying so very hard to not think about the fact that Tess could be moving away for good, but the truth is, I think about it a lot. There is a possibility that Southwest Airlines will offer her a full time job when her three month internship is over. When she was in college, she always talked about how she wanted to live in a big city and work for a big company, and when she sets her mind to something, she usually does it. So I knew the possibility of it happening was very real, but the closer it gets, the more emotional I am getting about it. I guess if she does live in Dallas permanently, it's pretty cool that she might be working for a company that will allow her to fly home for FREE!! Tess and I are leaving on Sunday to drive to Dallas. I am going to spend two nights with her and check out the city, then Southwest Airlines offered to fly me back home. Pretty cool, huh? We have certainly enjoyed our time together this holiday break, and we have a week left before she leaves, so I am certain we will make the best of the days to come, but this mom is feeling a little emotional. I still couldn't be more proud.




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment